An Overview of Large Commercial Kitchen Companies
Our ghost kitchen Los Angeles is ready to take on any chef of restaurant that needs the space to create great meals and our facility can handle just about any need. There are, however, huge mega-businesses who cater (pun intended) to some of the top restaurant brand names in the country.
Ghost kitchens, also known as virtual kitchens, are commercial cooking facilities that prepare food for delivery-only, with no physical restaurant space for customers to dine-in. Here are some examples of famous ghost kitchens:
- Kitchen United – Founded in 2017, Kitchen United is a ghost kitchen company with locations across the United States. The company partners with restaurant brands to offer delivery and takeout from a centralized kitchen space. Some of the brands that have partnered with Kitchen United include Chick-fil-A, Halal Guys, and Dog Haus.
- Reef Kitchens – Based in Miami, Reef Kitchens is a ghost kitchen company that operates in over 30 cities in the United States. The company partners with popular restaurant brands, such as BurgerFi, Quiznos, and Wow Bao, to prepare and deliver their food to customers.
- Zuul Kitchens – Founded in 2019, Zuul Kitchens operates multiple ghost kitchen facilities in New York City. The company partners with local restaurant brands, such as Sweetgreen and Junzi Kitchen, to offer delivery and takeout options.
- CloudKitchens – Founded by former Uber CEO Travis Kalanick, CloudKitchens is a ghost kitchen company with locations across the United States, Europe, and Asia. The company operates in over 20 cities and partners with various restaurant brands, including Chick-fil-A, Wendy’s, and Mr. Beast Burger.
- Kitopi – Based in Dubai, Kitopi operates ghost kitchens in several cities around the world, including London, New York, and Abu Dhabi. The company partners with local restaurant brands to prepare and deliver their food to customers, and has also launched its own food delivery brand, called “The Lighthouse.”
One Example: Kitchen United
Kitchen United is a company that provides commercial kitchen space to restaurants, food trucks, and other food-related businesses that are looking for a shared kitchen space to prepare food. It was founded in 2017 and is headquartered in Pasadena, California.
Kitchen United’s main focus is to help food businesses that are looking to expand their delivery and takeout operations but do not want to invest in a full brick-and-mortar restaurant. The company provides fully equipped commercial kitchens that are shared among multiple tenants. This allows businesses to save money on rent and equipment costs while also having access to high-quality kitchen facilities.
Some of the features that Kitchen United offers include:
- Shared commercial kitchen space: Kitchen United provides shared commercial kitchen space that is equipped with high-quality kitchen equipment.
- Access to delivery platforms: Kitchen United partners with popular delivery platforms like Grubhub, Uber Eats, and DoorDash to help businesses expand their reach and increase their sales.
- Marketing and branding support: Kitchen United provides marketing and branding support to help businesses increase their visibility and reach more customers.
- Order management software: Kitchen United’s custom order management software helps businesses manage their orders and streamline their operations.
- Data analytics: Kitchen United provides businesses with data analytics to help them make informed decisions about their menu, pricing, and other business operations.
In addition to its shared kitchen spaces, Kitchen United also operates virtual kitchen spaces, which are designed to help businesses expand their delivery and takeout operations without a physical storefront. These virtual kitchens allow businesses to test new concepts and expand their reach without the high overhead costs of a traditional restaurant.
Overall, Kitchen United provides a valuable service to food businesses looking to expand their operations without the high costs associated with opening a full restaurant. Its shared kitchen spaces and virtual kitchens offer businesses access to high-quality facilities, marketing support, and data analytics that can help them grow and succeed in the competitive food industry.
From Dubai: Kitopi
Kitopi (short for “Kitchen Operation Innovation”) is a Dubai-based startup that operates ghost kitchens. Ghost kitchens are commercial kitchens that are designed to produce food solely for delivery or takeout, rather than for dine-in customers.
Kitopi partners with restaurants to manage their food preparation and delivery operations using their ghost kitchen facilities. This allows restaurants to expand their reach without incurring the overhead costs of opening additional physical locations. Kitopi also uses technology to optimize kitchen operations and delivery logistics, ensuring that orders are fulfilled quickly and efficiently.
In addition to its operations in Dubai, Kitopi has expanded to other cities around the world, including London, New York, and Abu Dhabi. The company has received significant funding from investors and has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing startups in the Middle East.