Ghost Kitchens Provide the Heat, Chefs Provide the Blades
Our ghost kitchen Los Angeles is chock full of the top chef’s equipment available, however, professional chefs usually insist on their own special items when creating a meal. Professional chefs use a wide variety of equipment in their kitchens to prepare high-quality dishes efficiently and consistently. Here are some of the most common pieces of equipment used by professional chefs:
- Knives: A set of high-quality knives is essential for any chef. They use different knives for various tasks, such as a chef’s knife for chopping and slicing, a paring knife for delicate work, and a serrated knife for bread.
- Cutting boards: Chefs use cutting boards made of various materials such as wood, plastic, or bamboo. They use separate cutting boards for different ingredients to prevent cross-contamination.
- Cookware: Professional chefs use different types of pots and pans, including saucepans, sauté pans, frying pans, and roasting pans. They choose cookware made of high-quality materials such as stainless steel, copper, or cast iron.
- Kitchen appliances: Professional kitchens are equipped with several appliances such as mixers, blenders, food processors, and immersion blenders, which help in preparing dishes efficiently.
- Ovens: Professional chefs use ovens that can cook at high temperatures to prepare various dishes, such as roasted meats, baked goods, and casseroles.
- Grills: Grilling is an essential cooking technique for many chefs, and they use both gas and charcoal grills to cook meats, vegetables, and other ingredients.
- Sous vide machines: This cooking technique involves cooking vacuum-sealed food in a precisely controlled water bath. Professional chefs use sous vide machines to cook food consistently and with precise temperature control.
- Kitchen scales: Professional chefs use digital kitchen scales to measure ingredients accurately, which is crucial for consistent results.
These are just a few examples of the equipment used by professional chefs. The specific tools and equipment used may vary depending on the cuisine, the chef’s style, and the restaurant’s size and budget.
There are many great chef’s knives on the market, each with its own unique features and benefits. Here are some of the top options:
- Wusthof Classic Chef’s Knife: A German-made knife with a full tang and a comfortable handle. The blade is made from high-carbon stainless steel, which makes it durable and sharp.
- Shun Classic Chef’s Knife: A Japanese-made knife that is known for its precision and balance. The blade is made from high-quality VG-MAX steel and has a beautiful Damascus pattern.
- Global G-2 Chef’s Knife: A Japanese-made knife with a lightweight and ergonomic design. The blade is made from high-quality stainless steel and is known for its sharpness and durability.
- Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef’s Knife: A Swiss-made knife that is affordable and highly versatile. The blade is made from high-carbon stainless steel and has a comfortable, slip-resistant handle.
- Mac Knife Professional Hollow Edge Chef’s Knife: A Japanese-made knife with a thin, lightweight blade that is perfect for precise slicing and dicing. The blade is made from high-quality steel and has a unique hollow edge design that helps prevent food from sticking.
Ultimately, the best chef’s knife for you will depend on your personal preferences and needs. It’s important to try out a few different knives before making a purchase to ensure you find one that feels comfortable and suits your cooking style.